Anti Magilink Field (shortened to AMF), also known as Jammer Field (ジャマーフィールド Jamā Fīrudo), is a Field-type magic that suppresses the linking of magical energy (e.g. between the mage and their Device), effectively preventing any other spells from being cast. It degrades magic that enters the field, and also renders mages incapable of efficiently using their mana when they are inside the field.
In StrikerS, localized AMF are mainly used by Jail Scaglietti's Anti-Magic Drones to absorb magical attacks. Towards the end of the season, it was revealed that The Saint's Cradle was equipped with a large AMF generator, covering its entire interior with AMF.
There are a number of ways of overcoming the field's effects:
- Using non-magical abilities like Inherent Skills.
- Converting mana into heat or electricity, e.g. the Thunder Fall spell.
- Using a spell which hurls physical projectiles at the target from outside the field's range, such as Stardust Fall.
- Using a spell of such power that the field cannot weaken it fast enough for the effects to be fully negated.
- Enclosing a spell in a barrier which blocks the effects of the AMF. This is considered an AA-rank technique - Variable Shoot is an example.
- The Ancient Belkan Knights have been trained to fight in AMF environments, using just their Armed Devices as physical weapons.
At the end of StrikerS, the Saint's Cradle projects a particularly powerful AMF which negates magic usage completely, making even flight impossible and requiring a rescue to be carried out by non-magical means.
- ^ Anti Magilink Field on the Japanese Nanoha wiki.
- ^ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS the Comics, chapter 2, page 11.
- ^ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS the Comics, chapter 2, page 12.
- ^ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS the Comics, chapter 2.
- ^ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS Episode 26.