Claíomh Solais in The Gears of Destiny
|Primary caster||Hayate Yagami|
|Magic system||Ancient Belka|
|Japanese name||クラウソラス |
|First app.||Battle of Aces|
In ViVid, Lutecia Alpine also manages to cast the same high-speed bombardment. As her Device is not weapon-shaped but worn on her hands, she charges the sphere in her palm and throws it against the opponent to launch the beam of bombardment. Her version is presumably cast under Modern Belkan system, but it is not detailed whether she has learnt the spell from Hayate.
It is actually pronounced like "kleeve solish" in Irish, but the official Nanoha katakana seems to be based on the direct English reading commonly misused in Japan in the past. The modern Japanese alternative is rendered クレイヴ・ソリッシュ Kureivu Sorisshu.
- Claíomh Solais is Hayate's long-range bombardment attack fired with Schwertkreuz in The Battle of Aces and The Gears of Destiny. The charged version in the games further generates a spherical explosion upon hitting.
- In Reflection, when Iris assaults Hayate with Mobile Shells for the Tome of the Night Sky, Hayate consumes a page of the Tome of the Night Sky to counterattack with Claíomh Solais. Despite less speedy, this bombardment consists of five mana beams, and is fired from a Belkan Triangle at Hayate's palm without using Schwertkreuz.
- In Detonation, Hayate uses it against Yuri to save Nanoha Takamachi, right after Signum casts Sturmfalken three times against Yuri.
- In ViVid (ch.50), Lutecia casts it to attack Fabia Crozelg in the Infinity Library.
- In ViVid (ch.65), Hayate casts it in the ball-throwing game at the School Festival of St. Hilde Academy of Magic.