This page contains the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Wiki's Family article layout. It describes content organization within family articles, i.e. how family articles should be structured as well as how standard content and sections should be named and ordered.
- Policies set general rules for the wiki's administration and its content.
- Any registered editor is free to edit this page to improve its readability as long as the essence of the article remains unchanged.
- If you would like to suggest content changes or propose a new policy or guideline, please use the wiki discussion forum.
- See the policies and guidelines page for an overview of this wiki's policies and guidelines.
One of the most important parts of wiki editing is how to structure an article. Structure dictates what information the reader reads and when he or she reads it. It can influence what people contribute, where they put it and how it is written. Good structure is likely to produce high quality articles.
Organize sections in an article in a hierarchical structure like you would an outline. Try using a shallow structure rather than a deep one. Having too many nested sections usually leads to a confusing or unreadable article.
Section order and namingEdit
The following is a short overview of the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Wiki standard article layout for families. Its purpose is to provide a quick reference for order and naming of these articles. Note that all toplevel sections are h2 headings.
Note: Sections not marked as mandatory are considered good style. This means as soon as the character has enough appearances to describe the section in question the section should be added.
- Articles should generally start with a lead section which is not more than a few sentences and two paragraphs. Its purpose is to provide a short overview of the family in question; after reading it, a reader should have a basic idea of the family . If possible, the family surname should be the subject of the first sentence. Note: The lead section is mandatory!
- History. This section describes the background of the family, if known.
- Members. This section lists the family members in order of seniority, grouped by generation (with h3 headings "Generation 1", "Generation 2", etc., starting from the generation of the oldest named member). The birth/death years and the blood/marital relations between individual members should also be given. Note: The Members section is mandatory!
- All family articles should be filed under Category:Families.