|Primary caster||Fate Testarossa|
|Japanese name||プラズマスマッシャー |
|First app.||A's (ep.7)|
Plasma Smasher (プラズマスマッシャー Purazuma Sumasshā), a bombardment attack possessed by Fate Testarossa, is an enhanced version of Thunder Smasher, after Bardiche is upgraded as Bardiche Assault in A's. Unlike Thunder Smasher, however, it is usually cast from Fate's palm instead of from Bardiche.
A pure mana attack with lightning, Plasma Smasher is specialised for speed battle in the mid-to-cross range, sacrificing the maximum reach for power and casting speed. When fired, Midchildan loops are used for acceleration and power boost, showing Fate's control skill as an all-round attacker.
Notable uses[edit | edit source]
- Fate first casts Plasma Smasher in A's (ep.7) against Signum. However, it is offset with Signum's Flying Dragon Flash.
- In A's (ep.10), it is cast in combination with Nanoha Takamachi's Divine Buster Extension to attack the Will of the Book of Darkness, who manages to guard with Panzerschild. In the movie adaptation, Plasma Smasher is replaced by Trident Smasher instead.
- Plasma Smasher is Fate's cross-range catch attack in The Battle of Aces and The Gears of Destiny. It can only be fired after blocking an incoming attack, and can blow the opponent away to the long range.
- In StrikerS (ep.2, Fate's flashback), with Bardiche's adjustment on the power output, it is used to break a wall during the 0071 Coastal Airport 8 fire.
- In StrikerS (ep.25), Sankt Kaiser Vivio casts it in a speedy way against Nanoha's Short Buster on The Saint's Cradle.
Variations[edit | edit source]
Trident Smasher (トライデントスマッシャー Toraidento Sumasshā) is likely a further development of Plasma Smasher, wherein three beams are shot simultaneously from the same firing-point, creating the visual effect of a trident's blades. It is seen casting as part of the buster shift by Fate and Nanoha, e.g. in StrikerS (ep.12, also the flashback in StrikerS manga) against Quattro and Dieci, in The MOVIE 2nd A's against the Will of the Book of Darkness.