|Primary caster||Nanoha Takamachi|
|Japanese name||レストリクトロック |
|First app.||Nanoha (Sound Stage 01)|
Restrict Lock (レストリクトロック Resutoriku Rokku) is Nanoha Takamachi's main binding spell, which can restrain the target within a specific area with light wheels. Besides binding an opponent, the spell can also be cast to lock an inorganic item with a specific space. According to Yuuno Scrya, this spell is a collection-type spell (i.e. Breaker, as defined in later series) which requires high-level skills.
Nanoha has learned it even before practising her attack and flight spells and is therefore very proficient with it. She usually places the light wheels around the limbs of her opponent. She first employs it against the multiple copies of a Jewel Seed monster in Nanoha (Sound Stage 01), and Yuuno is amazed at her mastering a high-rank binding spell so quickly. In The MOVIE 1st, additional scenes are produced depicting Yuuno teaching Nanoha to use binding spells.
By the time of Sound Stage X, Teana Lanster also manages to cast Restrict Lock, probably because she is mastering the mana-collection skills for Breaker spells. As multiple binds can be generated, Teana prefers casting it on the target's limbs and body.
In The Gears of Destiny, Restrict Lock is also the basic binding spell of Vivio Takamachi, in addition to Nanoha's. In the primary continuity, however, there is no coverage about how Vivio learns the spell, although she does use an unnamed binding spell in ViVid.
- In Nanoha (ep.11) / The MOVIE 1st, Nanoha casts it as a preset bind on Fate Testarossa while she is casting Photon Lancer Phalanx Shift.
- In The MOVIE 2nd A's, Nanoha casts it as a preset bind on Vita while she is casting Kometfliegen.
- In The MOVIE 2nd A's, Nanoha casts it in conjunction with Fate's Lightning Bind during their buster shift combination attack to immobilise the Will of the Book of Darkness. However, she manages to break the binds, guard the bombardments and uses their respective binding spells (via Use of Collection) to capture them in return.
- In Reflection, Nanoha casts it with the command phrase "Lock!" to bind Kyrie Florian and immobilize certain trucks commanded by Kyrie to crash her and Fate.
- In Detonation, Nanoha casts it to bind Phil Maxwell to capture him. However, Phil breaks the bind with activates System "Alter". Nanoha later also casts it against Phil before she and Fate casts Blast Calamity.
- In StrikerS (ep.1, Subaru Nakajima's flashback), Nanoha saves her in the 0071 Coastal Airport 8 fire by casting Restrict Lock on a falling statue.
- In StrikerS (ep.25), Nanoha casts it to bind Heiliger Kaiser Vivio on The Saint's Cradle before casting Blaster 3 Starlight Breaker against her.
- In ViVid (ch.96), Nanoha casts it against Vivio during their show match. However, Vivio breaks her binds easily with Bind Break "Unchain Mode".
Floater Lock (フローターロック Furōtā Rokku) is a preset variation of Restrict Lock adapted as Vivio's charged binding spell in The Gears of Destiny, similar to Chrono Harlaown's Delayed Bind. For game visual effects, it is shaped as a mana ellipsoid (invisible to the opponent) when cast for presetting, and same as Restrict Lock when the opponent is bound.