Chrono casting Round Shield
|Primary caster||Midchildan system practitioners|
|Japanese name||ラウンドシールド |
|First app.||Nanoha (ep.8)|
- Round Shield is first seen cast by Chrono Harlaown, when he is attacked by Alph who is trying to help Fate escape. In the movie continuity, before casting by Chrono, Round Shield is probably first cast by Yuuno Scrya in defending against Alph's attack.
- Nanoha Takamachi unveils this spell later in Nanoha, when Fate Testarossa attacks at her with Scythe Slash. She has learnt it from Yuuno. Since then, the spell is used much more by Nanoha, as it is her main defensive ability. For example, she uses it in the beginning of A's to defend against Vita's attack, in StrikerS to defend the helicopter carrying Vivio, Shamal and Vice Granscenic from Dieci's Heavy Barrel, and in StrikerS manga (After Days) to stop Signum's Purple Lightning Flash.
- Although rarely seen, Fate Testarossa and Alph also cast Round Shield, e.g. in defending against Divine Shooter and Vita's counterattack respectively.
- It is castable by all playable practitioners as "guard" in The Battle of Aces and The Gears of Destiny.
- Holding Shield is a variation to "bite" and hold the incoming weapon of the opponent.
- Binding Shield is a combination spell of Round Shield and Chain Bind used by Nanoha in ViVid.
- Multi-Defenser is a multiple version of Round Shield in The MOVIE 1st and MOVIE 1st THE COMICS.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.