Ginga defending with Tri Shield
|Primary caster||Ginga Nakajima|
|Magic system||Modern Belka|
|Japanese name||トライシールド |
|First app.||StrikerS (ep.11)|
Name[edit | edit source]
In ViVid, Vivio Takamachi also uses an unnamed Belkan Triangle-shaped defense which is visually same as Tri Shield. However, it is merely referred to as "barrier" (障壁 shōheki, a general kanji term that can cover both barrier-type and shield-type defenses) or defensive "barrier". It is covered in this article for simplicity, until there is other canonical source.
Notable uses[edit | edit source]
- Tri Shield is first cast by Ginga Nakajima in StrikerS (ep.11) to defend against a beam attack from a Type-III Gadget Drone in the underground.
- In StrikerS (ep.19), Schach Nouera is also seen (through the monitor) casting Tri Shield to defend, after she and Verossa Acous find the secret base of Jail Scaglietti.
Possible uses of the spell are noted as follows:
- In ViVid (ch.95), Vivio uses a "barrier" to defend against Nanoha Takamachi's Accel Shooter Avalanche Shift in their show match.
- In ViVid (ch.97), Vivio uses three "barriers" in a way similar to Multi-Defenser to defend against Nanoha's Blaster 2 Starlight Breaker while using Sacred Defender at the same time, as explained by Teana Lanster (as multiplex "barriers" (多重障壁 tajū shōheki)) and flashed back in ViVid (ch.98).
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid, chapter 98.